Dragon Resources
    · DV Forum Guidelines
    · Dracopedia List A-Z
    · Names of Dragons
    · Jafira's Draconity Guide
    · Dragon Basics
    · Dragon Quiz

Spiritual Resources

Dragons Valley :: View topic - How has it changed you?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
     ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How has it changed you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragons Valley Forum Index -> Draconity and Spirituality
    View previous topic :: View next topic  
    Jafira
    Benevolent Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: How has it changed you? Reply with quote

I have considered myself awakened since at least my early teens, if not earlier then that in life, however, I don't believe I fully comprehended or understood the significance or spiritual ramifications of my draconity until my late teens, I am presently in my mid twenties.

My awakening(s) were sporadic and often times tense, there were many bouts were I would shift between acceptance and denial. There where many occasions in my past when my spiritual beliefs gave me pride and strength, others when they brought me down and to the brink of insanity, there were times in which they helped and times in which they were my greatest threat.

But as a result of my draconity and unique spirituality in general, I have had and witnessed experiences that most in the mundane side of life would never have experienced or known. Despite the heartaches and mistakes of my past and present, through all the fluff and spiritual self exploration, pain and lessons I would gladly do such again at a moments notice, I shudder to think of what and who I would be if I had not awakened as I had, if I was not at least in mind or spirit, a dragon.

Through my awakenings and spiritual growth I have met people and learned things I could never possibly have imagined, far from the benign expectations of life in modern society, I have danced with witches, studied under shamans, learned of deity and our creator through unique perspectives, I have had unique pains and trials that most average individuals could not comprehend or would seldom consider, and these have made my life, though tumultuous, incredibly and uniquely awesome.

It is arrogant to take great pride in having been a dragon, as we are no longer such now, and it can not be proven that we ever even were. However we can take pride in the unique paths we walk as a result of our awakenings and individual beliefs. In short, how, if at all, has your awakening or newfound beliefs altered your reality, your life for the better?
    maeve
    Healer and warrior of light

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say much about the dragon part. But I know if you're dragon, or any otherkin. Even through we're in human bodies. We're still ourselves wither it be dragon or unicorn etc. We are after all spiritual creature living in a physical body. I kinda think it all connected and i use my unicorn senses to help me live my life and help others. I am proud to be what i am. As for proof you can't always proves things that are true. Sometimes we just gota with what our heart and souls speak to us.
    JKarrah
    Allaban Druegan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: How has it changed you? Reply with quote

Quote:
    It is arrogant to take great pride in having been a dragon, as we are no longer such now, and it can not be proven that we ever even were.

Have to say I disagree. There is nothing necessarily arrogant or wrong with taking pride in having once lived as dragon. It's like saying that it is arrogant to take pride in being British, or American, or Irish, or what have you. The arrogance comes in when people use that as "justification" to feel superior to everyone else, to think that having once been a dragon you are somehow better than anyone who has not ever lived as a dragon.

So be proud of having once been a dragon if you want to. Use it to help make yourself the best person (dragon or human) that you can be.
    Jafira
    Benevolent Dictator

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, sorry, I had miss-worded my speech when I made that post, I did not mean we should not have pride, the word arrogance, as you mentioned is what I meant to use.

Several years ago In the earlier stages of my awakening I will admit that I was exactly what you described, on a terrible ego trip over many aspects of my draconity, that prideful arrogance really caused a lot of damage on a social level as I perceived myself to be spiritually superior to everyone else around me.

That prideful arrogance later led me to make many spiritual, emotional and social mistakes most of which still haunt me today, eight or so years later. As a result of which I now tend to approach my own personal draconity with a strong degree of humility due to many of the painful lessons that I had learned during my fluffier periods of awakening.

In as such, I did not mean that we should not take pride in having been dragons, it is something rare and amazing, definitely something to take great pride in, but rather I hope that others will avoid some of the mistakes I had made, and not let the pride in their beliefs become arrogance, sorry again for any misconceptions I will try to watch my wording in the future.
    Negadrake
    Corrupted Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, before my awakening I felt superior than everyone else for liking dragons - that didn't go so well for me as people around me would start discussing things like Skyrim and killing dragons. :V I tried so hard not to sound ridiculous trying to explain to people that all dragons aren't evil. In the end I did just sound like I was protecting dragons - which I found rather strange before my awakening.

I'm new to draconity so I can't really say much has changed me apart from I've realized and remembered things that I have learnt in the past but forgot and I've realized that I am allowed to have certain interests and not be ashamed of them. I've made many mistakes before my awakening and I'll probably make more in the future if I rush this - I hope I learn more from them and fix them when I can.
    View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
    conscript900
    Local Commissar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In too many ways to list. Some for the better some for the worst.
    Jafira
    Benevolent Dictator

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, for the most part my story is above, but it doesn't change the fact that it has changed me in ways that I could never describe. Smile
    huginkoprim
    Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sum up my life after four years of my awakening to the possibility of Otherkin, awesome inner experience, I'd recommend it and recommend to anyone who asks about it, or I trust will be able to comprehend this complexity it created in my life. It sets things in personal perspectives. Personally, it took me a long time to come up with some conclusions, but even after these four years I don't know the exact "label" that I could use on the internet.
    But you know what I have learned after these four years? It doesn't matter, I will ask myself these questions all the time and I'll get some answers, be it truth or false, it's only for me to decide, but I'd rather wait. If the answer comes in ten or fifty years I don't know, I'll wait and through this waiting I'll enjoy my life as it is, knowing that dragons are not as many people here see them to be, and knowing that I was a dragon in the past and I've learned some important information. All this is for my comfort, just as good music, reiki and special times in the nature, it should be also for everyone's comfort. Yeah, it makes me proud to call myself a dragon Wink Above all other things, it enriched me. But it was and still is an experience worth living in human body. Very Happy
    DracoLunaris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that awakening is quite um.. forceful in a way. I had ups and downs though, and had my pride for being a dragon have its good and bad side on me. I was quite full of information and overly hungry for information.. but also it was bad for social stuff. not the way that i was showing myself being superior in any way, but being overly silent and scaring people to deth with the wicked ways of mine.. since than i let down a bit so that i am more social, though my interaction with human beings is considerably low..
    Did it change anything? it did. it sure did! i was craing at times and laughing at others.. and i do not consider this depression or bipolar or anything, as it sorted itself out.
    i hope i did not make any trouble with this
    Esshtrait
    Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have just posted my awakening in the news section on the home page
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragons Valley Forum Index -> Draconity and Spirituality All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: